I am a contemporary abstract artist residing in Southern California whose work evolves from an unfolding of the personal and the spiritual, and a journey of sinking beneath the surface of the evident. I yearn to reveal the beauty in the flawed, and the balance between embrace and surrender with a deeply connected perspective. My process entails grounding and deepening through writing reflections on the canvas. Layers of paint are applied serving as a metaphor of process and going beneath the surface. I utilize not only paint brushes, palette knives and other tools, but oil colors and pastels. I add and subtract color and allow myself to be led organically as unconscious material bridges with my conscious mind.
Rather than a contrived process, mine is a call to trust, surrender and embrace what is revealed.
My roots stem proudly from Lafayette, Louisiana, where my love for God, family, nature and creativity bloomed. I was inspired to move to San Francisco at a young age, graduated from San Diego State University, then received my Masters degree in Counseling Depth Psychology from Pacifica and was certified in Expressive Arts Therapy. As an Expressive Arts Therapist, yoga teacher and mother of two young children, for several years I painted as a private release, and was ultimately urged to exhibit my work.
- Townley Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA
- Kelli Kaufman Gallery, Lafayette, LA (Solo Exhibition)
- Sutton Galleries, French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
- The Living Room Art Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA
- Monarch Main Event 2017, A New York State of Mind, Saint Edward Parish School, Dana Pointl, CA
- Thomas Lavin Show Room, Laguna Design Center, Laguna Niguel, CA
- MUSE, Lafayette, LA
- San Clemente Arts, San Clemente, CA
COMMISSIONED WORK SALES
- Largest private real estate development firm in California (Commissioned pieces hung in main lobbies of a large real estate development and a San Francisco high rise).
- Serene Salon in Mission Viejo and other privately owned businesses in Orange County. Residential commissioned pieces placed within Orange County and San Diego.
ORIGINAL WORK SALES
- Top Orange County Law Firm (10 pieces)
- Multiple private collectors
- Home Decor Boutiques
- THOMAS LAVIN SHOW ROOM, Laguna Design Center, Laguna Niguel,CA
Sign up to my Studio List
Subscribe to get the latest updates on new work and events